Interactive Video Plugin mini-test July 17, 2009 by Q
I just added this plugin and want to make a quick test. For what is worth, I can say is more than your regular video plugins, here is from their blurb : ” This is not just another video embed tool – it includes the ability to upload/ record/import videos directly to your post, edit and remix content with an online video editor, enable video responses, manage and track your video content and much more… And Kaltura covers all hosting and streaming costs for FREE up to 10GB.”
[kaltura-widget wid=”wougl6qt3k” width=”410″ height=”364″ addpermission=”2″ editpermission=”2″ align=”center” /]
Here’s a list of features:
* Upload, record from webcam and import all rich-media directly to your blog post;
* Edit and remix videos using Kaltura’s online full-featured video editor;
* Easily import all rich media (video, audio, pictures…) from other sites and social networks, such as MySpace, Flickr, CCMixter, Jamendo, New York Public Library etc. and;
* Allow readers and subscribers to add video and audio comments, and to participate in collaborative videos;
* Manage and track interactive videos through the management console;
* Complete administrative capabilities. You decide who can add and edit videos;
* Supports more than 150 video, audio and image file formats and codecs
* Three different video player styles to choose from
* Custom sizing of the video player
* Advanced sharing options for videos
* Easy installation that takes just 4 steps and a few minutes.
The installation took about 2 minutes, I uploaded a 20 Mb file on their server, it took also about 2 minutes. Enjoy!
Oh, you can grab it HERE or search for it in your plugin tab.
UPDATE – I tried to find a way to post movies widescreen, but apparently there is none with this one, at least yet. Other than that, it’s very easy to use, the service so far seems great, and is a very good choice-provided you don’t have a ton of widescrrn movies…